Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Dead

• Please log in to reply

vinidhi

vinidhi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
I have Dell Vostro 1310 Laptop. My laptop failed to boot today when i pressed the power button. The power light came up for 1-2 seconds and then laptop turned off. Neither fan nor HDD nor processor light came up. I have checked the power supply and found no problem with it. What is the problem? Can somebody help please?
- Vipul

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi vinidhi :) sorry to hear you are having this issue, is the laptop still under warranty?
Things you can try;
1: Remove the power lead and battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and try to boot up, if no luck;
2: Remove the battery, attach the AC power adapter, attempt to boot up, if no luck;
3: Remove the Ram, hold down the power button for 30 seconds, attach the power, attempt to boot up (it will not without the Ram)if the laptop does switch on power down and insert 1 stick of Ram (if you have 2) and attempt to boot up.
Let us know how the above tests work out, it depends on the test results what advice someone will give you next.

vinidhi

vinidhi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi vinidhi :) sorry to hear you are having this issue, is the laptop still under warranty?
Things you can try;
1: Remove the power lead and battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and try to boot up, if no luck;
2: Remove the battery, attach the AC power adapter, attempt to boot up, if no luck;
3: Remove the Ram, hold down the power button for 30 seconds, attach the power, attempt to boot up (it will not without the Ram)if the laptop does switch on power down and insert 1 stick of Ram (if you have 2) and attempt to boot up.
Let us know how the above tests work out, it depends on the test results what advice someone will give you next.

Hi
I tried all of the above but no success.
Today when I pressed and hold the power button with Fn key the CAPS/SCROLL Lock light came up and NUM Lock light blinking with Fan continuously running. When I tried to switch it off it won't. Then I had to cut off the power supply and remove the battery. Why this thing happened?
- Vipul

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
What happened when you tried it without any Ram inserted?
Follow only the advice you have not tried in the attached link http://www.techsuppo...leshooting.html