Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need advice upgrading

• Please log in to reply

yiddogaz

yiddogaz

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

Total noob teaching myself how to upgrade PC's, i've done minor jobs like upgrading ram and installing processors sort of and need some help. An old PC i want to upgrade is running on xp and has an asrock mainboard k8s8x, it has a gb ram and pc3200 ddr if thats any help, the processor is an amd athlon 3000+ 2 Ghz and is socket 754 if that helps. The hdd is a paltry 76gb. I would like help designing a mid range pc with which i can run about 4gb ram and have a processor around the 2.9 ghz mark, any advice would be much appreciated!

Gaz

Advertisements

HungryDuck

HungryDuck

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Umm... Prob not gonna be of much help but I doubt you'll be able to find any cpu's for soc 754 these days... The one you have will never see 2.9GHz although 4 GB Ram should not be a problem assuming you run a 64 bit os....