Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Desktop Background wont show and cant be changed.

• Please log in to reply

wldfire

wldfire

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all, i am hoping someone can help me with this.

I ended up majorly infected with trojans, spyware, clicksearchclick and some other fun goodies yesterday, from visiting sites i probally shouldnt be on. I finally managed to get everything cleaned up and going smooth again, which i will note wasnt easy! Well part way thru the cleaning my desktop background went blue and isnt showing now. I have a Nvidia GEForce FX 5600 videocard and dual monitors. When i got into the videocard software for the dual monitors it shows both monitors and allows me to change the backgrounds but they dont show up on my screens.

When i click on the desktop/properties/desktop i can see all the desktops shown, but cant click on them, or anything. I noticed today that when my screen saver is running, and i move my mouse to enter my system, it brings up the password page, and the backgrounds show on both monitors, but once i enter my password and enter the system they are gone.

I have attached the info from my HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies
part of my registry like i had seen on a message like this.

Im hoping someone can help.

Thank you.
Ken

Attached Files

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
you did not save that correctly.

Did you export from the registry? That is not a reg file, but a text file.

wldfire

wldfire

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

you did not save that correctly.

Did you export from the registry? That is not a reg file, but a text file.

View Post

When i tried to upload a reg file this forum told me i couldnt upload a file with that name.

So i just saved it as a text file. and it allowed me to