Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista v, Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

Novice 1

Novice 1

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi, I am a real novice on the computer. I have recently had my (previous Vista) laptop upgraded to Windows 7 however the guy put on a copy that was not genuine.

Since then the curser moves of its own accord when i am typing making it very difficult to type anything without making a hash of it.

I have been advised by work colleagues to go back to Vista.I have backed up my c drive etc but can not find my original start up disk. Can anyone help me please?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
If you no longer have the original recovery discs for the laptop you'll have to buy a new copy of Vista if you can find one now. Your best bet is to find an independent computer shop who builds computers on the premises -- they are often able to get hold of genuine copies of Vista which are no longer available in national stores like PC World.

However, if you do manage to get a copy of Vista, you may need to download the correct drivers from the laptop manufacturer's website.

Novice 1

Novice 1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

If you no longer have the original recovery discs for the laptop you'll have to buy a new copy of Vista if you can find one now. Your best bet is to find an independent computer shop who builds computers on the premises -- they are often able to get hold of genuine copies of Vista which are no longer available in national stores like PC World.

However, if you do manage to get a copy of Vista, you may need to download the correct drivers from the laptop manufacturer's website.

Novice 1

Novice 1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. Thanks for that. I do know of a fairly local shop that does build computers so i will try this out.