Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Videocard

• Please log in to reply

Norbert56

Norbert56

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have integrated video card. And i want to buy a new videocard not integrated. I used 3Dmark06 programm to check what slots i have.
Posted Image
and does the card slot mean videocard slot?
Does this mean when i can buy agp and pci videocard?
And what type (dont know much about computers) i need to buy tell everything what should i know.
And if you need other information please tell me.

Thanks!

Other information:
Supported Slot Types ISA, PCI, AGP

Edited by Norbert56, 12 August 2010 - 02:24 PM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
AGP is advanced graphics port.
That is the usual place for the graphics card
Which you can buy depends on your processor speed, your motherboard, your ram and your requirements.
It is of course pointless spending a lot of money on a graphics card,. if all you areusing it for is general computing with a few images etc.
On the other hand if gaming is your thing, then you will need a good card particularly for 3D.
Be careful, as just the other week, I was asked to look at a problem where a person had a graphics card installed, by a computer bsuiness, and the card was NEVER going to work properly with his processor speed and ram.
Your first line of enquiry is to check your processor - right click My computer and click Properties on the General tab it will give you the speed of the processor and the amount of ram.
Then look at the site for your motherboard and get some details from there for max amount of ram. etc.
Now go to graphics card ie: Nvidia etc and knowing what you want it for select and check requirements against the info you have from above.
If you need further help pls post back.

THese links will help you

http://gizmodo.com/5...t-graphics-card

http://forums.techar...aks/1013329.htm

Edited by Macboatmaster, 12 August 2010 - 05:20 PM.

Norbert56

Norbert56

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Other pictures:
Picture 1
Picture 2
So this means when i have ddr one?
And if you could please link me any card for my computer.

Edited by Norbert56, 13 August 2010 - 01:32 AM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
The higher quality graphics card have their own allocation of memory.
If you select a card that does not, I would advise increasing the ram to 2Gb. It is no use going more than 3Gb as 32 bit windows will only see 3.3Gb.
All you have to do now is select your required card acording to your requirements as I mentioned and check its requirements against your system. You are unlikely to encounter any freat restrictions as your processor is reasonable 3.2. You have three available memory slots with 1Gb of ram, in just one. You would be far better with another Gb of ram in the other side of the dual core.
Do you have the motherboard manual. If not look it up online and everything will become apparent.