Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No picture with a new build computer

• Please log in to reply

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
I'm having this same problem on two different systems. I just built a new computer, I can give the specs if they are needed but the same problem is happening with another system I have. When I power up the machine all the fans spin, LED lights come on, the hard drives spin and I don't hear any beep codes, but I have no picture on the monitor. I know the monitor is good because it works on another computer. I've tried swapping video cards, RAM, hard drives, and Power supplies and still have the same problem.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know, I've been working on this for EVER.

Thank you,

--Chris

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Hi cheathawk1 sorry to hear you are having this issue/s.
It makes sense to deal with one system at a time so please provide the specs for your new build.
Have you checked that the monitor lead is good, no bent pins and it is secured at both ends.
Have you tried powering up without any Ram sticks to see if you get any beeps, also have you checked
any jumpers are in the right place particularly the clear CMOS one, if the MB is an atx is the 12v
4 pin plug securely in place the same goes for the cpu fan lead, you could try clearing the CMOS by
removing the battery for some time and see if that makes a difference.
If all the replacement parts that you have tried are known to be good, it leaves MB, CPU or possibly
a short.

cheathawk1

cheathawk1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
Thank you for your reply. I have already checked the things you listed: I've checked the monitor, (it works perfectly fine when I switch back to my old computer) I've removed all the RAM, and I do not hear any beeps, I've double and triple checked all the power connections including the 12V pin, I've cleared the CMOS countless times, removed and even replaced the battery and yes all of the parts I've used to replace the new ones are currently working back in my old system. I'm going to go replace the MB tomorrow with the same model in hopes that this one was just DOA from the manufacturer, and if that doesn't work I'll do the same with the CPU. So far as there being a short, I doubt it because I've tried taking the MB out of the case and placing it on a cardboard box then hooking up the PSU etc. and the same thing happens. If there is in fact a short then it would have to be a fault in the MB itself and thus replacing should work. I'll post back with the results!

Thank you for your response,

--Chris

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
Thanks for the update, same approach as I would do swap the board and then the CPU.
Best of luck with it, odd that is happening with two systems but it does prove it can happen.