Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Robocopy /XN or /XO for backups

• Please log in to reply

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
exclude older and exclude newer are two options for robo copy but i dont quite understand how they work. i have a batch file that runs several mirror backups as a scheduled task recently the backup harddrive has been used by more than one computer to access the same files. which switch do i use if i want it to skip files if the source file is older than the backup. i am guessing exclude older or /XO but than again XO could simple mean dont overwrite older files. this is probibally not the case but i would rather play it safe and ask someone rather than risk deleting somthing important

Edited by mikeloeven, 12 August 2010 - 07:50 PM.

Advertisements