Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Killer-Virus on my computer! As soon as I get to my desktop it res

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Hi, the 2 scans worked, and here are the .zips. Here is the first one. Attached File  virusinfo_syscure.zip   35.56KB   152 downloads. Here is the second zip. Attached File  virusinfo_syscheck.zip   35.22KB   147 downloads. :)

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
That removed some of the files we allready deleted and quarantined also from system restore

Lets remove combofix totally now - and re-run MBAM as I can no longer see any malware

Click Start > Run and copy/paste the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /Uninstall

THEN

Posted Image Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here.

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:

If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Ever since my computer broke down in normal mode, some how these folders on my computer had been created, I don't want to delete them unless I do something, there called Qoobox, ads, acmkrbin, I believe QooBox is a virus i'm not sure about the other 2 though. But i'll coutinue with the above.
'

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Qoobox is the quarantine folder for Combofix - the other two may be deleted

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Ok, do you think system restore will work? It looks like I lost some data on my desktop, such as folders, so will that work?

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
I think my computer is fixed now, i've removed combo

No need for system restore got the files back by EASEUS recovery

Edited by Pawanhammers, 16 August 2010 - 10:47 AM.

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Here is the Malware Log, I succesfully rebooted and cleaned the 5 infected registry keys.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.46
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 4436

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.5512

16/08/2010 17:38:10
mbam-log-2010-08-16 (17-38-10).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 143705
Time elapsed: 10 minute(s), 8 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 5
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{84c3c236-f588-4c93-84f4-147b2abbe67b} (Adware.Adrotator) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{7b6a2552-e65b-4a9e-add4-c45577ffd8fd} (Adware.EZLife) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\adgj.aghlp (Adware.EZLife) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\adgj.aghlp.1 (Adware.EZLife) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\$NtUninstallMTF1011$ (Adware.Adrotator) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\downloads\Updated Generator v3.0.exe (Heuristics.Shuriken) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

ComboFix is fully removed. Now i'm waiting for you to say that my system is clean :)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I just need to know now what problems if any remian before I remove my tools :)

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

I just need to know now what problems if any remian before I remove my tools :)

The booting problem remains.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
It appears that your boot order may have changed to make the first option boot from LAN

Go into the BIOS (F10 as you power on) and change the boot order to remove "boot from LAN" from the options. You have it trying to boot from network before the hard drive.

Looking at that I am a happy bunny :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean :)

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset System Restore points:

Run OTL
  • Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

:Commands
    [resethosts]
    [purity]
    [emptytemp]
    [EMPTYFLASH]
    [CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
    [Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
  • Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done

Run OTL and hit the cleanup button. It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself. MBAM can be uninstalled via control panel add/remove along with ERUNT. But they may be useful tools to keep

We will now confirm that your hidden files are set to that, as some of the tools I use will change that
  • Click Start.
  • Open My Computer.
  • Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
  • Select the View Tab.
  • Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Do not show hidden files and folders.
  • Click Yes to confirm.
  • Click OK.

Posted Image Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application. Beware it is NOT supported for use in 9x or ME and probably will not install in those systems

Upgrading Java:
  • Download the latest version of Java SE Runtime Environment (JRE)JRE 6 Update 21.
  • Click the "Download" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 6 License Agreement.".
  • Click on Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-6u21-windows-i586-p.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.(Vista users, right click on the jre-6u21-windows-i586-p.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")

SPRING CLEAN

Download and run Puran Disc Defragmenter

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes: It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated.

To keep your operating system up to date visit

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide How did I get infected in the first place ?
Keep safe :)

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Are you using a USB stick in between infections ?

Download OTS to your Desktop and double-click on it to run it
  • Make sure you close all other programs and don't use the PC while the scan runs.
  • Select All Users
  • Under additional scans select the following
    Reg - App Paths
    Reg - Disabled MS Config Items
    Reg - Drivers32
    Reg - File Associations
    Reg - IE Explorer Bars
    Reg - NetSvcs
    Reg - SafeBoot Minimal
    Reg - Shell Spawning
    File - Lop Check
    File - Purity Scan

• Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar. Make sure not to use the PC while the program is running or it will freeze.
  • When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
  • Please attach the log in your next post.

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Ah yes I've been using a USB drive, maybe thats infected. I can't do the above, turns off when reaching desktop, shall I use reatogo?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
OK we will disinfect that USB as soon as we can - yes use reatogo please

New scan.txt

Pawanhammers

Pawanhammers

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts