Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can burn everything except audio CDs - Why?

• Please log in to reply

zoedragon

zoedragon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've researched the problem but have not found a solution yet. I can't seem to create audio CDs. With Nero I've gotten a "Power Calibration Error" message, which in my research seems to mean different things in different setups. Here's what I've tried:

1. I've ruled out bad media because I've tried TDK and Sony (both good brands), and I've even taken a failed disc and proceeded to burn data onto it just fine.

2. I've ruled out a failing burner or dirty lens because I can record DVD movies and data CDs just fine.

3. I've ruled out it being specific Nero problem because I've tried burning using Easy CD Creator and that failed with a cryptic error.

4. I've tried updating the Pioneer DVR-106D firmware, but it was already up to date.

What's left? I'm taking MP3s and having the software convert it into a standard audio CD that can play in any CD player. This used to work. I have scanned for viruses and spyware, but there's nothing out of the ordinary. Anyone have any idea how to fix this problem? I can burn MP3s directly onto the CD (as data) but the audio CD burning fails repeatedly. It never gets past 4%. It's really annoying!

Is it possible that certain MP3 tracks will cause this error? I've tried two completely different playlists and both failed. Any input would be much appreciated - Thanks!

Advertisements

olamoree

olamoree

• Pip
  • 5 posts
You are not alone! Copying CD's with Nero 6.6.0.13, the burn fails at 4% or 11% and does not even say Not Responding, just freezes but can be stopped with End Task. Does NOT burn on the blank CD either. Just stops...... any suggestions greatly appreciated.