Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cant boot

• Please log in to reply

Tinc27

Tinc27

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
Can you guys save my computer? I always leave my computer on. Very seldom do I shut it down, but the other night I woke up to the screen being lit and could not shut it off with the power button. So I had to unplug it. The next day I tried to boot and it goes to the black screen with all the system info. It says diskett drive 0 failure. So, I push the power button and push F2 or F12 and if I let it sit for about 5 min it will go to the boot device menu. If I select master drive and exit out it will boot. So my hard drive is ok, I think. Why the no boot? OOOOOOHHHHHHH NNNNOOOO just heard a bad noise like scraping inside the computer. I am typing step by step what I am doing at the computer.

Advertisements

levajones

levajones

• Pip
  • 1 posts
HI
I WAS RESTORING MY COMPUTER TO AN EARLY DATE I THOUGHT IT WAS THROUGH RESTORING
AM NOT QUITE SURE WHAT I DID OR WHAT HAPPEN , I SAW THIS NOTICE COME ON WHEN I SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER
AND THIS MESSAGE CAME UP ON THE SCREEN 'DEL:ENTER SETUP F12:BOOT MENU'
I PRESS THE F12 ON THE KEEP BOARD BUT NOTHING HAPPEN, PLEASE ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO
THANK YOU

COCOPLUM

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Direct to: levajones

Please start your own topic
Although your issue may seem similar there can be other factors that may need to be resolved. Trying to bump on a new topic especially can cause advice being given for the original poster and you try it which may cause your system to become completely unusable.
By bumping on someone's topic it makes it confusing for the tech to understand who they are helping. This can in turn cause the wrong support to be given and can cause instability or worse to happen to your system.
Thank you for your cooperation.