Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display Settings pops up

• Please log in to reply

SkateboardJay

SkateboardJay

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Hello, i have a problem where there is a display settings pops up when using the computer. also a small lock picture in the middle of the screen pops up as well. when i turn off the pc, a screen meassge pops up saying "in power safe mode press any key on keyboard or move mouse"... Now i have cleaned my pc to malware free. and still these pop ups remain. we now starting to believe this is a hardware or software issue. :)

[01:27] <~sari> so they'll be able to tell if it's hardware or XP related
[01:27] <~sari> tell them that you've been through the malware forum and you're now clean
[01:27] <+vclass> ok

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Make and model of the computer please? On-board graphics? Have you looked at the display drivers program to see the settings there? It may be you have the screen settings too high for the graphics card. Have you tried updating the graphics drivers? There also may be a setting in the BIOS on the graphics that is causing the problem.

SRX660

SkateboardJay

SkateboardJay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Make and model of the computer please? On-board graphics? Have you looked at the display drivers program to see the settings there? It may be you have the screen settings too high for the graphics card. Have you tried updating the graphics drivers? There also may be a setting in the BIOS on the graphics that is causing the problem.

SRX660

SkateboardJay

SkateboardJay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
Dell dimension desktop 3000 how do i get to the bios graphic settings? i have the maufactures drivers cd

SkateboardJay

SkateboardJay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

SRX660

i just went to my device manager and went to display and click update driver. it then says cannot continue the hardware update wizard.