Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Cant reload xp on sys.

• Please log in to reply

Blade

Blade

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I dont have a bios sys. on my hp pavilion xt856, I had to crash the sys due to an unknown virus. I loaded xp on the disk and compleatly re-formatted the disk. it loaded successfuly, then it rebooted its self to start. it only got to a blinking light. the hard drive is fine. I plugged in an old hard drive that had 95 on it. it loaded up fine, then the plug and play feature kicked in. when it was finished it had said some things about a mother board bridge and things of that nature had been found as plug and play and asked me to re-boot. when I rebooted, the same thing happend to the disk with 95 on it. I didnt install anything on that disk. I tried to get to bios with all the short cuts. it apears that I dont have one. the big blue hp sign shows up on boot, but then nothing else. no matter which button I push. Its got me stumped, please tell me where to go from here. <_<

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,501 posts
Hi Blade, welcome to GTG! <_<

Usually F2 will get you into the BIOS on an HP system. Have you tried replacing the motherboard battery?