Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD drive not detected HP dv6700 notebook

• Please log in to reply

itsmagic

itsmagic

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My CD/DVD drive is not being detected in My Computer or in Device Manager. This happened to me about 6 months ago and I brought it into Best Buy because my warranty was still in effect. They ended up breaking my laptop completely and had to send it out to get a new CD/DVD drive, Hard Drive, and Motherboard... When i got it back it worked fine. 3 months ago I upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista which was originally on the system. My drive is missing again. Not sure when it went missing but I know that it was there about a week ago. The previous time it happened and now, I checked the registry for the upper/lower filter fix and they are not present. My drive will open and close fine when I press the button. Any help is appreciated.

Edited by itsmagic, 14 August 2010 - 02:59 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
Hi itsmagic :) sorry to hear you are having this issue.
Have you had a look at this thread http://www.geekstogo...vd-not-working/
See post #10 by rshaffer61 following his advice should sort the issue out
for you, post back if not and we can look at other options.