Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ethernet Driver Problems...

• Please log in to reply

Eomere

Eomere

• Pip
  • 3 posts
So my desktop decided to die and refuse to connect to the internet. Seeing as the laptop connects fine I realized the desktop was to blame. I called, told them the problem, a guy was sent out and looked at my computer for an hour just to tell me it looked like a virus deleted some important ethernet files and it would be an "easy fix". Then he left me to sink or swim... Sadly I have no idea when it comes to computers, so I was hoping someone on here could tell me what to do?
Any help would be appreciated =)

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Which make/model ethernet card?

If it's an on-board NIC, which make/model is the motherboard?

Eomere

Eomere

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Which make/model ethernet card?

If it's an on-board NIC, which make/model is the motherboard?

Okay I'm glad you told me to check for that because when to the Control Panel to check there was an exclamation point by Ethernet Controller. It said there was no driver installed... Could that be the Problem? Hw do I fix it?

Eomere

Eomere

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well I went to the HP site, downloaded the appropriate driver, installed it on my desktop. It still won't connect.
The Driver is an NVIDIA nForce 10/100 Mbps Ethernet # 2 version 67.8.3.1. My computer is a hp FK555AA-ABA-a6603w. Again any help would be appreciated.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
HP.com > Performing a Software Application or Driver Recovery in Windows Vista > Hardware Driver Reinstallation
http://h10025.www1.h...834921_hardware