Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp not finding mouse on boot

• Please log in to reply

arwier

arwier

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I have a clean install of xp pro sp2 updated all updates available including sp3 but not explorer 8 only 7 when I boot up the computer sometimes it finds the ps2 mouse and other times it doesn't when it doesn't I can sometimes unplug the mouse and plug it back in and it works fine but other times it doesn't work at all I am not good at using it without the mouse so I am lost trying to do anything

Advertisements

arwier

arwier

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
I appologize but I guess I didn't look far enough before I started this topic while waiting for a reply I found another post with the same issue and tried some things posted there and have resolved the problem thank you very much

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thank you for letting us know the issue is now resolved, what was the solution.
I had in mind to suggest, update the drivers, synchronize the mouse, clean the
trackball inside the mouse or check the PS2 adapter if one was used, am I close :)