Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

INSTANT SPYWARE REMOVAL

• Please log in to reply

moskin99

moskin99

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Attached File  ark.txt   88.91KB   197 downloadsAttached File  mbam-log-2010-08-15 (10-18-50).txt   897bytes   163 downloadsAttached File  OTL.txt   71.04KB   201 downloadsAttached File  Extras.txt   30.01KB   213 downloadsGood afternoon,
Thank you in advance for your help.
Problem seemed to have started after installing & running "Instant SpywareRemoval"[ISR}
Both MBAM and AVIRA AntiVirus detected several virus. I removed them.
Then clicking the ISR icon would not allow me to open the ISR application, as it did previously with no problem. A message said that the file had been renamed or relocated. I could not uninstall ISR since it was not listed by REVO UNINSTALLER or by my Windows 7(SP3) Add/Remove.

I ran GLARY Utilities - the Registry Cleaner showed problems, which I clicked to repair.
I noticed that the icon for ISR had vanished!
I ran GLARY Utilities - the Registry Cleaner showed 1 problem,as follows:
Section HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Application.Reference\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers(90AA3A4E-1CBA-4233-B8BB-535773D-48449. This registry key points to the missing CLSID.
Repeating both GLARY Registry Cleaner and also GLARY Registry Repair do not repair this problem.

I followed the prelimary steps, but had a problem with GMER, in that it did not show a choice for FULL scan so I could not select NO. It ran for about 5(five) hours then my laptop rebooted, with no log to show.
My PC ran very slowly and then froze. Did a hard reboot. Ran both GLARY's(as above)
Then ram GMER with "Sections" as the only item checked. It ran OK but my PC froze and I had to reboot.
All steps in the Before Posting instructions have been followed and logs are attached for GMER;MBAM;OTL.
Sorry that this a bit long-winded but at least you have the full story.
Thank you
moskin99

Advertisements