Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Apps & Programs can't connect to the internet but web browsers

• Please log in to reply

Delita_chan

Delita_chan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I noticed a problem when I tried to access the iTunes home store but kept denying me because there was no internet connection. I could use the program fine otherwise. However, Firefox and Opera connect to the internet with no problems, as does MIRC.

It wasn't a big deal until Firefox started crashing quite a bit, at random sites for no reason. I upgraded, and still have the same problem. I downloaded Opera and it works fine except occasional crashes. I was told to update Flash and I did, then Java, but the Java also tells me that there is no internet connection (or some darn thing).

I tried to run Malwarebyte's Anti Malware but it simply does not start up. I click it several times and it won't even start up. I've rebooted and it won't work. I don't uninstall it because I'm pretty sure that I won't be able to redownload it. This is because I've tried virtually every virus scanner and they all say there's an internet connection problem or some other error (They're not specific).

I've tried the Windows firewall and it still doesn't help.

I'm worried that there might be a virus, although I've not seen any other signs of a virus. I"m also using a Netgear router (have been for years).

I'm at wits end with this PC. I thank you geniuses for all your help.
Thank you.

Advertisements