Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble Burning Knoppix .iso

• Please log in to reply

globaljoe

globaljoe

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Hello, I downloaded an .iso image of Knoppix to my desktop to replace a well corrupted Windows installation on a friends desktop, as a temporary fix, but when trying to burn the image to CD using ImageBurn I get a message saying: Invalid or unsupported image file format, reason: first image file part is less than 2048 bytes in size.
Has anyone any idea what the trouble is!
Thanks.

Advertisements

MS-Free

MS-Free

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
From the sound of the error message, it sounds to me like - in order to make the CD bootable the Disc must contain 2 partions, the first of which I assume is for Boot information, which apparently should be >= 2KB in size. As for why your having issues, I'm not sure, did you do a MD5 checksum (or whatever recommended similar algorithm they suggest you use) to check the integrity of you Download?