Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Restarting in Loop, Needs to Save Data

• Please log in to reply

naf

naf

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys,

I m new here. I have some real big issue regarding windows XP restarting in loop on my Dell laptop. It gives me all the options to start, but it won't even start in safe mode and restarts it again and goes on in loop. I tried to start from Repair XP CD, but after welcome to setup and Licence agreement blue screen, it asks about the partitions rather than giving me the option of "to repair Select R or ESC for fresh copy". I have to save my 3 year old data. Is there any possibilty that I can save my data. Please help.

Thank u

Naf

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Probably the easist method to save your data is to pull the laptop drive out and hook it up to a desktop computer with a external drive kit. Then move all data you want to save to the desktop hard drive and cop[y to a DVD later for backup and to reinstall the data back to your laptop. You are probably going to have to recovery install XP back on the laptop and you lose all data you put on the laptop by doing a recovery. A recovery takes the laptop beck to its original settings when you bought the puter new.

For Sata drives
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16812232002

For IDE and Sata drives
http://www.amazon.co...l/dp/B002OV1VJW

SRX660