1) 22inch @ 1920 x 1080 or 1680 x 1050 (which there seems to be a severe lack of on sites such as ebuyer and OCUK)or 24inch @ 1920 x 1080 . I have kind of answered this question myself - as I will be wanting to watch HD movies I want 1920 x 1080 (which I believe has a aspect ratio of 16:9 which is THE aspect ratio for HD - can someone please confirm this?). My main question is - will a 22inch @ HD res be too heavy on the eyes in terms of text size etc. And would this not cause AA issues? As in more jaggys?
2) Is 24 inch @ 1920 x 1080 the perfect match for HD? Would it look better on a 22inch?
3) I am finding it very difficult to identify screens as glossy or matte. Any ideas on how to do this?
4) Given the distance I will be sitting from the screen (and when watching movies I could be sitting further back about 1 - 1.6m away (only if I have company)is 24inches too big or too small?
5) The viewing angles must be good (not based on the numbers as stated by manufacturers as they are rarely reality) as I regularly have someone sitting next to me watching me play - as such they should have the same view that I have. This is not my primary concern however for example I have been looking at this screen: http://www.overclock...tid=510&subcat= - however it has been said in a review that the screen deteriorates after about 30 degrees; which is awful.
6)LED or not? Im not too fussed about this however I do not know if and how or at all if LED backlighting affects the screen in anyway. Searching online yields too much info. Will a LED screen be better or worse for a gaming/movie scenario?
7) It must be fully HDCP compliant and full HD support for 1080p and 1080i is a must.
8) Will going from my current 17inch 4:3 E435S to a widescreen 16:9 @ 1920 x 1080 affect the shapes of things in games. I mean to say will people and objcts appear thinner or fatter - I do not want any stretching etc.
9) Zero Dead Pixel policy would be ideal.
Price wise anything under £230.
After my research I have come to the conclusion that a 24inch is ideal - however I would like other peoples opinion on this particulary if it is based on experience.
My GPU is a EVGA 8800 GTS 640MB ACS3 KO Edition which I know is old however I do not plan on palying the latest games with this card. The newset game I plan to play on it is Tomb Raider Anniversary and GRAW 2. I know that it cannot handle anyhting after its manufaturing year well add about 2 months onto that date.
I looked at this: http://www.overclock...tid=510&subcat= however I do not really like the styling I much prefer an entirely matte finish - screen and bezel. However if this is not possible it wouldnt be the end of the world if I have to get a screen with a glossy effect bezel (but not the screen!!). Now I also looked at that other 24 inch by Iiyama I pointed out earlier, funny thing is on ebuyer people rate that one highly: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/161554 - wonder if it is ok or not?
Why is that samsung monitor said to not have capabilities of displaying 1080p? : http://www.digitalve...57_7269_36.html
Edited by Mitesh, 16 August 2010 - 12:28 PM.