Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AVG 9.0

• Please log in to reply

ira_gaines

ira_gaines

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
I'm not sure if this the right place to be asking but I previously had AVG 8 on my PC (Vista) and after trying another anti-virus programme that I found unsatisfactory I'm now thinking about buying AVG 9.

What I'd like to know is, does it slow down the system's operation anymore than the previous version did?

Many thanks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
All programs seem to get bigger and bigger every year, and each version that comes out gets bigger still.
The net effect of this is, if you have a decent computer (preferably less than 2 years old) you should be okay. Beyond that, you may find the current versions bog the system down.

If in doubt, try it with the free version of AVG 9, in the knowledge that the Internet Security is heavier than the free version because it does more work. If your system struggles on Free, it will probably struggle on the I/S.