Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No sound devices midi etc.

• Please log in to reply

ScottZ

ScottZ

• Pip
  • 5 posts
have no midi playback device running windows xp and have realtek AC97 soundcard have tried multiple things updating drivers and finding new hardware. Sometimes I have no default playback device when the computer is on for a while,but restarting the computer fixes this any idea what's wrong,or how I can fix this?

Edited by ScottZ, 16 August 2010 - 01:19 PM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Post a screenshot of device manager when the sound is working and when the sound is not working.

ScottZ

ScottZ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
sorry took me a while to reply I figured out when the sound stops I can just go to services>windows audio>properties and restart it when it stops, but I cannot get a midi playback device that never works and I don't know how to reinstall, or what to do.

Post a screenshot of device manager when the sound is working and when the sound is not working.

Edited by ScottZ, 20 August 2010 - 04:45 PM.