Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAID 1

• Please log in to reply

mark40

mark40

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have a raid 1 hard drive array and it is nearing capacity. I would like to add two more for data, pictures, music, and home videos. I have to identical 500g Western digital HD that I would like to add. Where do I start? I have a ASUS P5LD2 motherboard, windows XP, SP3, and a Pentium 2.80 Ghz Intel. I have a lot of programs loaded that i use for work and I really can't start from scratch. Is what i am trying to do possible? thanks

Mark40

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hey mate,

Sounds like you just need to add in the two new drives and create a second array.

Cheers

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Provided you have enough connectors on your motherboard just connect the drives and create a new array. The old array will stay so you wont lose anything. Then once you have it up and running you can remap your videos etc to the other array.