Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Your thoughts on TuneUp Utilities?

• Please log in to reply

Kii

Kii

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I've been doing all my optimization manually with the help of various sites & documents. But I recently found out about TuneUp Utilities, for those who have used it. Honestly how Effective was it? I've been told the Live optimization and process Priority has actually slowed down the system. & I wont be downloading it for the Logon Screen changer, Since thats already done.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
IMO: Such programs are total waste of time and money. My advice: Avoid like the plague.

Just my two cents.

Kii

Kii

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thank you, I was certain I'de get a reply like that. Glad I held back on it.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
I had it for free for awhile and noticed no change in computer performance what so ever.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• 12,300 posts

I had it for free for awhile and noticed no change in computer performance what so ever.

Most likely, because, what I call "miracle tools" don't work.
They can break something though, especially if registry part is involved.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

Most likely, because, what I call "miracle tools" don't work.
They can break something though, especially if registry part is involved.

I knew it wasn't going to do anything spectacular because I just don't like the "all in one" fixes. I tested it on my backup computer just in case.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• 12,300 posts
I wasn't really addressing you in particular, because you're very experienced computer user.
It was just a general comment :)