Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Beginner in networking

• Please log in to reply

toby.williams

toby.williams

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi I am Josh. I am looking forward to do course in networking. As a beginner, which course will be suitable for me?

Advertisements

rubber7

rubber7

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi, Josh

Welcome to Geeks2Go!

It all depends on exactly how far you want to go with it. If you would like to know a bit more about networking then look at this post Home Networking & Printer/File Sharing by SpaceCowboy706. He is one of the well trusted techs on this site.

Otherwise if you are looking at getting certified then you can look at doing a CompTIA N+ exam. There are many places that offer training for the exam. It all depends on how in depth you want to get in it. The CompTIA A+ exam gives you the basic understanding of the entire computer as well as a bit of networking basics. Do some searching on Google to find something near you.

Hope it helps :)

toby.williams

toby.williams

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Thanks for your prompt reply. I wanted to do a short term instructor led training before taking up the exam. Please sugegst.

toby.williams

toby.williams

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What is a boot camp? Are they helpful?