Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

https tidserv rquest & https tidserv request 2

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

skorpeo

skorpeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Is there a way to restore to a previous time? Can I run malware from safe mode since its already on that computer?

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
you can but it would be pointless since the infection is in your router

like I said, the mbam step isn't important, you need to reset the router

skorpeo

skorpeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Ok, new dilema. I spoke to my ISP and they say that if my latops can connect then there is no roblem with the router settings. But to focus on the virus. Once i can access my files they can tall me through changind the settings.on my desktop if necessary. Pls help.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
you keep ignoring my advice. your isp is wrong.

am going to close this if you persist in not following the steps i've laid out

skorpeo

skorpeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I'm not ignoring your advice, I'm just keeping you abreast of what is going on. I've followed everything you have told me up to this point. I'm trying to understand what is happening and I'm facing not being able to access very important files. Threatening to close my post just adds more stress. Once I reset the router will I be able to get on the internet? Its the only way that I've been able to use the internet with my laptop.

skorpeo

skorpeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I reset the modem and notihing, I still can not get on the internet. The ISP tried to help me but nothing worked. They even had me reset the modem as well, then had me disconnect the modem from the router and run it straight to the computer and I still could not get connected. When I opened IE I noticed that there was a message on one of the lines, that read in big RED letters OOPPSSS! looks like your internet connection is down. and it had the circle slash too. This is as far as I've been able to get.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please read carefully and follow these steps.
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Extract its contents to your desktop.
  • Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

Posted Image

• If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

Posted Image

• If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

Posted Image

• It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

Posted Image

• If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

skorpeo

skorpeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
I did the tdsskiller and nothing. What ever it is has hijacked my browsers so I cant get on the internet. I've reset both my router and modem and I still have the same problem. I can connect to the internet to get my emails using outlook express. but everytime I open a browser, I cant connect. My internet explorer has a bar that says ooppss! looks like your internet connection is down! in big red letters.

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
if this doesn't fix it then I think format is the only solution

Download ComboFix here :

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

• Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. Here is a guide on how to disable them

Click me

• Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.

• As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.

• Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.

**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Posted Image

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Posted Image

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt log in your next reply.

skorpeo

skorpeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Well, I've reset the browsers to their default settings and was able to get on the internet now. Malwarebytes and Spybot have found some stuff and cleaned them up and here is the resulting log from combofix. I am running norton antivirus and now I have a worning saying that windows automatic updates is not set, but when I go to control panel automatic updates, its set to update daily.Attached File  comboscan1.txt   54.78KB   90 downloads

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
do you have the log from mbam ?

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Open notepad and copy/paste the text in the quotebox below into it:

File::

Folder::
c:\documents and settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\sykfpbivu

TDL::
c:\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys
DDS::
uInternet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:6522

Registry::

Driver::

Save this as CFScript.txt, in the same location as ComboFix.exe

Posted Image

Refering to the picture above, drag CFScript into ComboFix.exe

When finished, it shall produce a log for you at C:\ComboFix.txt which I will require in your next reply.

hows it running after that

skorpeo

skorpeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
here is the malware logAttached File  mbam-log-2010-09-08 (21-10-18).txt   1.01KB   110 downloads

skorpeo

skorpeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
here is the CFScript log.Attached File  comboscan2.txt   68.72KB   117 downloads

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
hows the pc running

skorpeo

skorpeo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
it seems to be running better, now the only issue, I'm trying to resolve is this,my Norton antivirus is showing a red x on the icon saying that I've turned off the windows automatic updates, however when I go to auto updates in control panel, it show that it is set to auto update daily. I've run the windows malicious software tool removal and its come back clean. Where could the problem lie now? Again thanks for all your help getting me to this point.