Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Redirect

• Please log in to reply

Needlez

Needlez

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have a Google redirect virus that is very malicious and has done some of the most spontaneous things that I have ever seen. If I search using any browser I am redirected to sites like "VideoCop" or something random. It will shut off my sound and video drivers and has caused my machine to run incredibly sluggish. It has pretty much dominated me and laughed in my face at all of my futile attempts to fight it.
Please help me as I have exhausted all of my expertise(limited)in this area. I recently ran root repair, malware bytes, and combo fix, but to nothing has seemed to change except that I have now lost all sound and can't see a video on you tube or install anything without crashing my computer. Oh, and the restore points I had set up have magically disappeared.

I will be praying to the tech gods by throne!

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please read carefully and follow these steps.
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Extract its contents to your desktop.
  • Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

Posted Image

• If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

Posted Image

• If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

Posted Image

• It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

Posted Image

• If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.