Welcome Guest to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Feel free to browse the site as a guest. However, you must log in to reply to existing topics or start a new topic of your own, and enjoy all this forum has to offer. Additionally, if you can assist another member by sharing your knowledge, please post a reply! Best of all - Registration and all assistance, is FREE! Learn more about How it Works. Infected? Malware Cleaning Guide. What are you waiting for?
Create an Account Login to Account

Steam Freezes Computer

• Please log in to reply

Starwrath

Starwrath

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
The latest update of Steam completely freezes my computer. Yesterday I shut my computer down to drive home from school, and when I got home my computer kept freezing at startup, which I narrowed down to freezing once it ran Steam. I've tried reinstalling Steam, I did a system restore, and deleted the ClientRegistry.blob file, all of which forced Steam to re-update, but once it was done my computer froze again.

Does anyone else have this problem? I've signed up for an account on the Steam forums, but appending approval there before I can create a topic, and the experts here have been very helpful before so I figured I would give it a shot.

I'm running Windows 7 64bit on an Asus G51VX. All my other programs/games seem to work fine. This only started happening yesterday, and previously I've had no problems with Steam or Modern Warfare 2, which is the only Steam game that I play.

Edited by Starwrath, 17 August 2010 - 02:18 PM.