Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

trojan?

• Please log in to reply

scottyx

scottyx

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
basically, my msn was hacked twice today. both times i got kicked off and i got an msn message saying it had to sign out because i had just signed in somewhere else.
well the 2nd time i got kicked, i used my 2nd msn account to sign in, and i saw that my first msn account was still signed in. so i clicked it, and said "hi, who are you" and they replied "hi, it's me" (smartass)
i only have a few people on my contact list, none of them would do this, i've sinse changed my password, and ran a virus scan (nothing but tracking cookies) i scanned with AVG (free anti-virus is all i can afford )
i haven't had any problems sinse i changed my password...

my question is, am i safe now from hostile takeover if not, what should i do, is there a site or program i can dl to see if i'm still infected? (if i was infected w/ something in the first place)

i got a trojan last week that AVG said it couldn't access, but all my scans sinse then have turned up clean.

any help would be appreciated

Advertisements