Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Telnet timeouts, and DLNA server issues.

• Please log in to reply

Dreylivude

Dreylivude

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Hello everyone. I've got some problems with the LAN I have here. I've got a D-Link wireless router for the house. The rest of the family uses wireless, and seeing as how the router is in my office, all of my stuff is connected by ethernet. I've had D-link routers in the past, however this one seems to be giving me some issues. Normal internet connection seems to fine, with fairly snappy browsing, on different browsers, different computers and different operating systems. Online games are giving me no trouble, but there are two things that are giving me trouble. My telnet client, and my D-Link 321 NAS' DLNA server keeps giving me errors on my ps3. I've used all of these things before, with a different D-Link router, and they've all worked flawlessly.

So the exact problems are:
Telnet client suffers from constant timeouts. I've tried multiple clients, and have rarely had this issue before. Even on this exact router it was working fine, however not anymore. I did have to reset it a couple times, and maybe I changed a setting I wasn't supposed to.

DLNA server. Again, used to work fine, though on a different D-link router. I receive a 2114 DLNA error on the ps3.

Just looking for some recommended settings to play with, and some to stay away from on the router. Everything has static ip addresses and such.

Thanks for the help guys. If you need any more information, please let me know.

Advertisements

DaffyKantReed

DaffyKantReed

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

DLNA server. Again, used to work fine, though on a different D-link router. I receive a 2114 DLNA error on the ps3.

http://boardsus.play...3782204#M161910
ieselus wrote

Hi folks

I believe there are infinite combinations of hardware and equally infinite solutions possible.

I don't think there is "the solution" for this problem.

But since it seems my DLNA 2114 Error was solved - for now - I'd like to share what I believe was the solution that worked for me.

After trying countless different settings on my PS3(v3.00), DNS-323(v1.07) and my router DIR-615(v2.25) it seems like right after I enabled Jumbo Frame Settings on my DNS-323 (Setup/LAN) at MTU 3000 it started to work flawlessly.

Before that the latest settings I changed were:

-deleted all users on DNS-323 coz I thought maybe there could be some kind of authorization problem but re-created users again since nothing changed

-hit Refresh on DNS-323

So pretty simple but like I told you, this is what worked for me.

Truly hope it can help somebody else.

By the way, I'm using Easy/Automatic Internet Connection Settings on my PS3.