Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Players 9 or 11

• Please log in to reply

myles2go

myles2go

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Media Player 11 suddenly, and for no reason I can find, stopped playing any file in My Music or any CD Disc I insert in the CD drive. I confirmed that my 700+ mp3 files are valid by playing a sampling of the library through Real Player, which I installed. I had no problem playing the songs through Real Player. I rolled Media Player 11 back to the original Media Player 9 with the same result. I downloaded Media Player 11 again and, once again, got the same result. I tried playing an mp3 music CD and Media Player refused to play the disc. I have no idea why this problem suddenly occurred. I am running Windows XP Home with SP3 update. Please help me with this problem because I much prefer Media Player 11 to any other program. One remedy that comes to mind is to run my legal XP Disc in the repair mode. Can this be the answer? Thanks for your help. [email protected]

Edited by myles2go, 17 August 2010 - 08:08 PM.

Advertisements