I came home from work the other day, (computer was on downloading torrents), tried to playback a video I had downloaded and the audio, about every 10 seconds would clip, like max headroom.. if you don't know max headroom, then imagine the noise in a science fiction movie when an android is being destroyed and saying their last words, or if you don't watch Sci-fi then imagine like in the song "Tic Tok" by Kie$ha when she says "trying to get a little ti-i-i-i-psssssy.." The effect on her voice.
Anyways so I
1. rebooted. Tried again. Same problem.
2. Checked temp with coretemp - normal.
3. Did a virus scan, malware scan, spyware scan, all nothing.
4. Increased my CPU page file.
5. Cleaned the registry, internet files, ect. Clean clean clean.
6. Rebooted again. Still happening.
This doesn't only happen with Video files, but also when I use Rosetta stone. (a language learning program with audio)
It hasn't happened yet with MP3, even when I try to overload my system while in playback.
I'm guessing it might be a problem with my video card? I have no idea how to check.