Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display problems

• Please log in to reply

Scott

Scott

• Pip
  • 9 posts
My moniter was looking normal until I installed windows 98 and unnstalled the Lindows OS that was on the machine. I've tried settings in the properties/appearance, but stiil not any better. It's not letting me change the screen area from 640X480. this was not the case b4 i made the chances to the OS. its lso only giving me two color choices 2 or 16. the moniter was used earlier today for both the lindows and windows 98 OS, and it worked fine

Advertisements

Scott

Scott

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I may have spoken too fast. there ae other problems that go alon with this one. when i go under device manager there is a question mark by :
pci communication device
pci ethernet controller
pci multimedia audio device
pci universal serial bus.
I know my speakers are not working (they were earlier).

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You're missing drivers for these devices:
pci communication device: modem
pci ethernet controller: network card
pci multimedia audio device: sound card
pci universal serial bus: USB
and your video card

If it's from a major mfg (i.e. Dell, HP) check their website for the latest drivers.