Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SD Flash Memory Card Corruption

• Please log in to reply

tony011

tony011

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I was writing data to my 8GB SD memory card connected through an SD card slot.
My computer suddenly crashed.

When I booted up my computer and tried to access the SD memory card (drive G: in my system) I got the message: "You need to format the disk in drive G: before you can use it. Do you want to format it?"

I didn't. That was quite a few weeks ago.

Now when you right click and check the properties of the drive, it tells you that the disk is 100% full, used space 0 bytes, free space 0 bytes.

All recovery programs I have attempted to use (except for one) was unable to read the file system on my SD card. I did not bother with the program that was able to read it, because it was an expensive piece of software to fully use it.

There has been no formatting nor any additional prodding of the card, so there are still chances that the files are still intact (the one program that was able to read the card found approximately 1000 files, which is about how many files were on the disk). I am aware that there still may be no other way to use the card other than formatting it and losing what may be left on the card.

But does anyone know of a program or process that can help me recover the 1000+ files on the disk?

[EDIT: BladeZephon did tell me that the only true remedy to this is formatting. But my question still stands as to whether there is a way to recover the files.]

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi tony011 :) sorry to hear you are having this issue.
Have a look at the programmes in the attached link you may get
lucky with one of them, have you tried "Recuva" (one of the best)
http://www.snapfiles...tarecovery.HTML
Best of luck.