Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Outlook 2003 receiving mail delayed several hours

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Suddenly my Outlook 2003 mail is received delayed by several hours and some mail appears not to be received at all. I am receiving this mail on a second computer almost immediately, so can verify what is happening. Otherwise Outlook seems to be working fine. I am using a Pop3 account only. Outgoing mail is sent straight away and other commands appear to be working fine. Previously incoming mail was working fine.
I am running XP with a continuous broadband connection.
When I manually check for mail it goes through the procedure, but no incoming mail is detected on this computer. Then several hours later some of the mail arrives in my inbox, but sometimes not all of it. There is no specific type of mail that is affected such as 'mail with attachments'etc.

Help please with identifying what is happening here and resolving the issue.

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Dear mr/mrs/sir/dr/lord bar

do you have lots of MS outlook set to one email and open at the same time or using a in-house network (PNS)? some times it might complicates things, also im guessing that the one that recieves the emails instently is newer?
3) there might be a virus on that computer, like clicksor, trust me i found that out the HARD way that if you have a virus like clicksor your email comes in at a crawl

P.S. I'm not Mr. luo I'm really Lord Luo since I'm the CO of national blackguard

Edited by Asasdasasd, 01 September 2010 - 12:21 AM.