Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

where to transfer files found using recuva

• Please log in to reply

wip

wip

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I moved files on my computer when I did a user profile update and couldn't find the them. I know they were deleted from the old user profile when I switched them over. I did not back them up first. I used recuva and think I found the documents. They have no title so I'm not sure. When I went to save the recovered files recuva says to copy them to a hard drive other than where they were found. I only have a c drive so I started looking for the best medium to copy them to. I have a lot of pics. along w/ docs. and I want the the highest quality transfer I can get. I have read so many scary problems with external hard drives I didn't buy one. I have an sd slot on my comp. but no sim card slot. Is there an adapter I could use to connect a sim card to my laptop anyway?
Thanks a million

Advertisements

Kii

Kii

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
You can copy to your C drive, just put it in a folder. it throws all the files in one folder...so be prepared to Sort.

Its just a better idea to copy it to a different drive is all.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

I have read so many scary problems with external hard drives I didn't buy one

Thats not necessarily true. I prefer the a standalone case and add my own hard drive to it. The all in one backup drives seem to be a little more difficult in that replacing a hard drive is trickier.

If you do not have a backup plan for your data then you are asking for trouble.
Most of us have 3 or more back ups for our data.