Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics are messed up

• Please log in to reply

ladybug28

ladybug28

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi,
I don't know if anyone can help but it would be greatly appreciated.

I recentley set up my old computer with a different monitor and the graphics are not right on it. They look discolored and fuzzy. I do have a graphics card called (Geforce2mx visiontek). We had this in the computer for ever.

When I right click on my desk top and go to properties/settings. It shows I only have 16 color but I know I have more than that but its not coming up.

My system is running in
Windows Me

If you need to know any more about the system please let me know because i do not have a clue of what to do to fix this.
Thanks for eveyones help

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808 and I will be helping you today.

You need the appropriate drivers for your GeForce2 card so it would do its optimum performance.

Please download Everest Home Edition, found on my signature below. Install and make a hardware report.
Please post it here or attach HTML file instead.

For your graphics card drivers, please have a visit at NVDIA, then download and install.

Edited by kool808, 24 May 2005 - 10:04 PM.

ladybug28

ladybug28

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I finally got my graphics card downloaded right and when I did my monitor screen went crazy.
it looked as if you were useing a vcr and you had to fix the tracking.
So after that happened I switched the computers monitors just to see what would happen. and every thing worked great.
So It has something to do with the other monitor because I hooked the messed up monitor to a different tower and it was still going crazy. It would work fine until it got to the desktop then it would go crazy.
Is there a way to get the monitor to work with my other pc?
Thanks