Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Serieus Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

royuix

royuix

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Hi,

About a month ago a bought new computer hardware. I bought the following:
-4gb OCZ Gold DDR3 RAm
-Club 3d radeon 5670 HD
-1 tb WD Caviar green HDD
-AMD Phenom X4 955 BE
-MSI 760M-E51

I installed all of the hardware in case and installed windows 7, the first few days it was fine but after a week or so I kept getting BSOD and also Firefox crashed a gizzilion times. The errors I mostly got were "memory_management" and "win???.sys" (???= i dont remember exactly). Until one day I couldn't even use system restore anymore that's how messed up it got and I installed windows Vista, that was two days ago. The first 2 days it worked fine I barely installed anything only drivers and google chrome. And first thing today I tried using iexplorer and it kept crashing with aplication errors, so I installed Chrome and that also crashed, then I got BSOD with "bad_pool_header" and rebooted and I couldn't even open any browsers. So know I'm in Safe Mode and it works but I'm not sure.
Are all these problems Software problems or Hardware problems? Please could you assist me?

THANK YOU!

PS. I'm going to get a brand new windows 7 copy.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

PS. I'm going to get a brand new windows 7 copy.

What do you mean by this?
Where did the version come from you have installed?
Is it a full version or upgrade?
Downloaded version or burned copy?

Edited by rshaffer61, 20 August 2010 - 05:47 AM.

royuix

royuix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
It was a temporaryversion and so was the vista if you know what I mean please don't call the CIA
but the vista did work on a different pc so..

Edited by royuix, 20 August 2010 - 01:27 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

It was a temporaryversion and so was the vista

Do you mean a downloaded version?

but the vista did work on a different pc so..

Does this mean you are trying to use the same reg key on two different systems?

royuix

royuix

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
Yes it was downloaded. And no it wasn't the same key. So any conclusions yet could it be a hardware error?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
ok that is probably most of the problem.
We can test the hardware but I'm thinking it is more of a OS issue then anything. The other issue is explained below pursuant to our TOU.
We here at GeeksToGo will not assist you with issues relating to copied, pirated, or in any other way stolen programs. It is a direct violation of our TOS (Terms Of Service) to offer any assistance in this matter.

You can contact a Moderator or Admin if you would like to discuss having this topic reopened.