Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus won't let me open malwarebyte

• Please log in to reply

juval

juval

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi i got the Security Suite virus on my Vista Laptop and i can't get tid of it, I tried removing it with both hijack This and Malwarebytes, i have installed the programs successfully. But i can't start the programs to Scan for the virus. Instead i get a message saying Runtime zero-0 or something like that, it goes by so quick, so i can't really see what it says. What should I do??

In some tread i saw something about changing the name malwarebytes.exe to malwarebytes.com, is that what i am supposed to do? Where and when am I supposed to do so?

Thank you for your help.
J

Advertisements

azarl

azarl

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 25,310 posts
Hi

Welcome to Geekstogo. I'll be helping you with this problem.

• Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described. I would recommend printing them out, if you can, as you can check off each step as you complete it. If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.

• Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply. You can do this in separate posts if it's easier for you

Please read carefully and follow these steps.
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Extract its contents to your desktop.
  • Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

Posted Image

• If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

Posted Image

• If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

Posted Image

• It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

Posted Image

• If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.