Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange Monitor Problem

• Please log in to reply

SentientZen

SentientZen

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, I have an issue with my Samsung SyncMaster 171v LCD monitor. It works perfectly, and has since I have gotten it, however, it has recently begun to turn ALL of the blacks into greens. It looks as if the entire screen is full of "dead pixels" but all the other colors show up perfectly fine. Black is still black, but it looks as if there are "vibrating" greens in between the blacks. It's an unusual problem that I thought initially was my video card. Though, now I've tried this monitor on multiple computers that all have perfectly working video cards and the problem persists on each configuration. The monitor actually started this a few months ago, however, it went away one day and so I thought nothing of it. The problem is back, now. It isn't such a big deal - everything functions correctly. It's just a slight annoyance.

Now, for some background details. I play Warcraft 3 and various other games (no FPS games) on the monitor and have heard that these types of monitors have problems handling games sometimes. I've never heard of or encountered this problem anyplace else on the 'net and that's why I have come here for assistance.

I have ruled out the entire screen being "dead" pixel-wise for a couple of reasons. (1) because dead pixels disrupt other colors, (2) the problem went away and then came back.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Samsung doesn't have a support forum and I feel that I should post this on the internet first before I call their tech support (generally it seems that tech support would not help me with such problems so I am reluctant to try).

Thanks in advanced.

Advertisements

SentientZen

SentientZen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
bump

Fiachna

Fiachna

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
If you find anything, plz tell me, as I'm having a similar problem except with a samsung 76E screen (non-LCD), it may be something in the Samsung range maybe. But contact me if you find anything.

r3k5e71

r3k5e71

• Pip
  • 8 posts
had some problems with the colors going incorrect. I though my monitor was doomed. however after I packed it for a move, and reconnected everying, it started working. so i suggest you make sure all the connections are tight and clean.

SentientZen

SentientZen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yeah, ive tried multiple times making sure the connections are clean. I've tried the monitor on several computers multiple times. No luck. For awhile the monitor was flickering the 'greeness' but it has since stopped and actually has gotten 'slightly' better. but still very nasty. =[

craigdil

craigdil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have the same almost exact problem with my ev700 i have it with the reds. After looking through everywhere and every post i still found nuthing. However i didnt encounter one thing have u checked if u have a bad solder or pin.

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
this is my opinion-the colors are being 'burned' from overuse-samsung made a batch or so of faulty moniters. keep the thing off whenever your not using it and get a new one.
let me know if this works
Nixx