Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

iTunes Problems.

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
This is what i posted on the Apple Support Forum, but they never got back to me and it doesn't seem like they want to help...

Hopefully you guys can help me fix this icky problem~

I'm going to start from the very beginning so hopefully if i did something wrong, you can point it out and help me fix it.
Ok, so initially when i started i was having problems installing both Windows Messenger and iTunes, both had pretty much the same problem. It had something to do with me not having access to a specific key in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\windows\ something something blah blah. I found a similar problem over the internet and it had been solved by a seemingly smart individual who had told them to install these two program thingies called 'subinacl' and 'VistaReset.cmd'
(here is the link to it http://www.cybertech...d.php?p=1072215 )
i did as the person said and the installation of both Windows Messenger and iTunes worked fine, both say they installed correctly. Even though it said iTunes installed correctly, it now obviously didn't cause im having problems (Messenger however is working fine). When i try and open iTunes it says "iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (windows error 998)" and on top of that another little window opens saying "iTunes has stopped working". Confused out of my brain, i tried looking on the internet for solutions. In most places, it said just install/reinstall/repair .NetFramework. and so i did that thinking "yipee so many places say it, it must work :)" but it didn't. So then another website (i lost track of which one it was) said it could be a Quicktime problem to one of its users, and that they should try uninstalling and reinstalling in this order (posted a link that led to the Apple website on which order you should uninstall apple products). So i thought ok let me try uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling as they direct and maybe i can fix this.

but when i try and uninstall it this pops up:
'Could not open key:
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key, or contact your support personnel.'

and then it cancels the uninstallation. now im upset because this was practically the same problem i started with that i thought i fixed, but i guess i didn't.
OH and also when i try and open Quicktime it automatically stops working.
I believe im on 32 bit Windows Vista.

Thanks in advanced,