Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wait while windows configures Scansoft PDF Create 3.0

• Please log in to reply

Downer22

Downer22

• Pip
  • 4 posts
It appears I have a new PC bug in my HP.
Please no comments about pest control - the ones I have tried haven't worked.

When I right click on any of the desk top icons or any file name I get a ScanSoft PDF Create 3.0 dialog box
then a box with "Please wait while windows configures Scansoft PDF Create 3.0"
then a box saying "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available." "insert Scansoft PDF Create 3.0 disk"

After hitting abort I am back to normal until I try to right click on a different icon and get the same thing.

There is a Scan soft converter folder on the hard drive and a file 'ScanSoft PDF Create! 3.0.msi' in it, but I get the message ‘File not found’ when I try to open it

I cannot find the file called msiexec.exe or even the folder System32

Operating system is XP

Help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

GoldenDogNuts

GoldenDogNuts

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hey I dont know if you tried this already but it is worth a shot I would say. http://pcsupport.abo...he-easy-way.htm

Downer22

Downer22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Hey I dont know if you tried this already but it is worth a shot I would say. http://pcsupport.abo...he-easy-way.htm

Thanks for suggestion. Hadn't tried it before so I gave it a shot, but didn't have any luck correcting the problem

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Have a look in Printer and Faxes and see if ScanSoft is there. If it is, delete it like you would delete any other printer installation. If you don't find the program there, download, install and then remove it in Printer and Faxes.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Sounds like you need to reinstall the program.

Downer22

Downer22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Have a look in Printer and Faxes and see if ScanSoft is there. If it is, delete it like you would delete any other printer installation. If you don't find the program there, download, install and then remove it in Printer and Faxes.

Yes, ScanSoft was on the list and I deleted it. Sounded like a good suggestion because I don't remember it being there before I recently bought a new printer. But no luck problem still exists.
Thanks for the try.

Downer22

Downer22

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Sounds like you need to reinstall the program.

Which file are you suggesting to reinstall??

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
The ScanSoft PDF program