Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I change my screen resolution back to normal?

• Please log in to reply

ibadaah

ibadaah

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
My computer is a vista and I was messing around with the screen resolution. I put the resolution at the very end of the left and now I can't even use the computer because since the screen resolution is so low, everything is mega huge. I can't change it back. When I go to control panel, adjust screen resolution, my computer only shows half of the window because it is so maxed out and so enlarged. I can't view the bar that lets me lower or higher the resolution, so I don't know how to change it back to normal. Any help would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

Bing7

Bing7

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • MVP

My computer is a vista and I was messing around with the screen resolution. I put the resolution at the very end of the left and now I can't even use the computer because since the screen resolution is so low, everything is mega huge. I can't change it back. When I go to control panel, adjust screen resolution, my computer only shows half of the window because it is so maxed out and so enlarged. I can't view the bar that lets me lower or higher the resolution, so I don't know how to change it back to normal. Any help would be much appreciated.

try going into safe mode and changing it , reboot computer hit f8 key to get to safe mode

ibadaah

ibadaah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

try going into safe mode and changing it , reboot computer hit f8 key to get to safe mode

Thanks for your help man, I really appreciate it. That didn't work though.

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Try arrow keys and navigate to the slide bar, see if that will work.

Dwight

ibadaah

ibadaah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Try arrow keys and navigate to the slide bar, see if that will work.

Dwight

Yeah, using the arrow keys was the first thing I tried, no hope.

Bing7

Bing7

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • MVP
When I go to control panel, adjust screen resolution ,when here can you see the maximize /minimize and x in the top right corner ,if so minimize it then right click on top bar and chose move and using the mouse drag it to where you can see controls

ibadaah

ibadaah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

When I go to control panel, adjust screen resolution ,when here can you see the maximize /minimize and x in the top right corner ,if so minimize it then right click on top bar and chose move and using the mouse drag it to where you can see controls

Okay, I did that, and there's only an x in the top right corner, no maximize or minimize.

By the way thank you for your time guys, honestly I really appreciate it. Does anyone know anything else I can try?

Edited by ibadaah, 21 August 2010 - 07:18 PM.

ibadaah

ibadaah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
I wanted to show you guys how it looks like. Keep in mind the print screen picture only shows the actual screen. On my computer, the screen is a small square in the middle, and it's greatly cut off on both sides by black. Despite that it's a small square in the middle, everything is insanely maxed out. I don't know if you guys can understand that but I don't know how else to explain it. Everything is so freaking huge and enlarged. It cuts off everything. The only reason why the text on the site isn't that bad is because I pressed ctrl while zooming out with the mouse. So yeah.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

Edited by ibadaah, 21 August 2010 - 07:29 PM.

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Just do a system restore to a time before you changed it. I changed it my my computer and system restore put it back.

Dwight

ibadaah

ibadaah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Just do a system restore to a time before you changed it. I changed it my my computer and system restore put it back.

Dwight

Sweet! I'll try that and get back to you guys, one sec.

Advertisements

ibadaah

ibadaah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
That didn't work.

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
All I know is it worked for me and my computer is laptop with vista.

Dwight

ibadaah

ibadaah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Dwight

Yeah I don't know. I wish it worked. Should I try again? I feel like I'm restarting it too much.

ibadaah

ibadaah

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Dwight

Yeah I don't know. I wish it worked. Should I try again? I feel like I'm restarting it too much.

FIXED IT. I'M SO EPIC, I'M SO EPIC, I'M SO EPIC.

I went to my graphic card, 1. ATI Radeon 2100, set desktop area to, and 1920 x 1080.

Thanks everyone for your help though, much appreciated.

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
WOW, good job and thanks for letting us know.

Dwight :)