Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

hosts

• Please log in to reply

Iconicmoronic

Iconicmoronic

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I was wondering if anyone knew where to download these hosts files?

(i have mvps hosts btw)

BLSS
HPGuru

any other useful hosts file.

I also wondered if anyone knew of a good text tool that would make putting large custom entries in a hosts file easier...
for instance adding 127.0.0.1 to new lines automatically. I can't seem to find a MSWorks feature for this...

does anyone know of an ip blocklist manager (BLSS won't download) similar to the KIS anti-banner blacklist feature? Free or paid? I'm
unsure if using restricted sites works in the same way, and using it doesn't place entries in my hosts file.

while these entries are popular, i also wondered if I should be tracking cookies that are popping up, and adding them? so far blocking
cookies doesn't seem to hinder anything although regardless of whether I block them or not I get the double click...spybot doesn't find
anything though and blocking doubleclick.net doesn't make it alleviate either....

anyhow,
thanks

Advertisements