Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can't boot from CD unless HDD is turned off in BIOS

• Please log in to reply

kck

kck

• Pip
  • 1 posts
All problems started with a crash after Norton had detected Suspicious Mystic virus and Trojan...something or other. Suspicious Mystic removed, Trojan???? needed to be removed manually and then crash. Computer blue screens with error C000021a when started in safe mode or any other time it boots. Tried installing Norton Recovery Tool from both CD and USB, but I get error message, "Selected boot device not available." If I go into the BIOS and turn off the hard drive, the Norton Recovery Tool will load from CD and/or USB, but then gives me an error message, "Required space 66MB is not available to create page file. NBRT will exit." After turning back on the hard drive, I get the same not available error message. I'd really like to recover some important files off of the hard drive if possible.

Advertisements