Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

c000021a error agh!

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Yet more stop code trouble. Yesterday, my Dell laptop managed to get a couple of trojans in the System32 area of Windows. This also resulted in some crucial files being lost which Windows prompted me about, asking for a System Pack 3 disk. Having used the disk and used AVG to clean up things, I thought that was problem solved. In the night when I tried to load up the laptop, it was just restarting endlessly. All F8 options failed to work and I selected the laptop to show up errors rather than multiple restarts. This brought up a BSOD with c000021a and 0xc0000034. I've tried chkdsk /r with no luck and now I'm wondering what the next step is. Any ideas?