Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry Mechanic popup messages

• Please log in to reply

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Thanks Ron :)

why doesn't it show on my All Programs listing ?

Because it doesn't require installation. Only programs, which need to be installed, are listed in All Programs.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The question now is does it pop up after you completed the steps?

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
rshaffer61, Broni, 123Runner: Those annoying Register Mechanic pop-ups are gone! You guys (?) are wonderful. Many thanks.

Now I guess I should see what else autoruns can do for me (per comments of rshaffer61).

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If Broni doesn't get back to you today I will take a look at it tomorrow. Just got back from 6 hours of mowing yards and I'm tired so I'll be back in a bit.
Glad to hear the pop ups are gone.
:)

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• 12,300 posts
You have unneeded startups. We can disable those. No actual programs will be removed.

Re-run Autoruns, click on "Logon" tab and UN-check following entries:

+ "Adobe ARM"
+ "ddoctorv2"
+ "DellSupportCenter"
+ "dscactivate"
+ "HP Software Update"
+ "igfxpers"
+ "igfxtray"
+ "iTunesHelper"
+ "SunJavaUpdateSched"
+ "TkBellExe"
+ "UpdateManager"
+ "dlbcserv.lnk"
+ "Logitech Desktop Messenger.lnk"
+ "DellSupport"
+ "DellSupportCenter"
+ "Desktop Software"
+ "Skype"
+ "updateMgr"

Restart computer.

Blobo

Blobo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello All,

I too am having the same annoying pop-up problem. However, I am unable to find the "Registry Mechanic" under the Logon tab in Autoruns. Can you please help me? Can you please tell me what else I can uncheck that is unnecessary (my computer has become really really slow compared to when bought it. Probably because I don't know much about how to take care of it. Amazing people like you can really make a difference!) I have attached the txt file.

Thanx in advance!
Blobo

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Blobo

You have posted on a topic, the last post of which, before yours is dated 2010.

Post again please starting a new topic in the forum for your operating system

As here from our How to Post

http://www.geekstogo...r/Discover.html

The important point being :
After you've selected a category, click the Start New Topic button

Thank you and welcome to Geeks to Go

Blobo

Blobo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I understand, but I wanted for Broni himself to see this post (he did a good job in the previous posts, and I thought he would get notifications when replies are given to threads he posted to) and my post can only be understood if you know the context of the current thread. How do you suggest I go about doing this? (I can take unput from other technicians too if they are willing to give the quality of answers given by Broni.)

Thanks,
Blobo

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Well, Broni, or any other member would not get a notification for a post OTHER than on a topic he was subscribed to, and I very much doubt if he is subsribed to one that is two years old.

Normally we delete our subscription to a topic as soon, as the problem is solved., or the member fails to reply, for sometime.

Do not be annoyed but Geeks to Go is a FREE help situation and your suggestion

(I can take unput from other technicians too if they are willing to give the quality of answers given by Broni.)

is not how this site works.
Any member is free to post on any topic, other than in our Malware forum, where only qualfied Malware experts may assist.
When someone does reply to your topic, you then have the choice whether or not to accept their advice.

and you will not find Registry Mechanic in autoruns, unless you have installed it - registry mechanic I mean - which I hope you have NOT - and if you have exactly this same pop-up, we will investigate the issue when you post, creating YOUR OWN topic.

Finally, please do as I asked, and indeed as explained in the HOW TO POST link that I sent you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just to add to this topic a little. Broni has not been around since Jan 31 2012 05:34 PM
He is not as active as he once was but is still active staff member.
We will attemptt o assist you but please understand that we all have different strengths and weaknesses.
That does not mean we purposely try to direct you wrong but only that we may not know the answer right away. Requesting that are assistance be of the same caliber as what Broni gave is unfair to not only other member, Staff but more important to GTG. We do our best all the time and will continue to assist you inany way we can.

Advertisements