Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adobe Acrobat Forms Creation & JavaScript

• Please log in to reply

edsager

edsager

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

My situation is this:

I have a form with a text box field which is required for the user to enter his/her name. I would like the required text box to display the name in all caps. I also need the user's name to appear in a read-only text box later in the form, which I would like to have the first letter of the user's first, middle initial, and last names to be capitalized. I would also like to have all required fields on the form highlighted in yellow, but the highlighting not printed. Lastly, I would like the printing to not occur if some or all of the required fields are not completed and for the non-completed fields to be highlighted in red until printing.

What I am mostly struggling with is getting the text from the required text box to the read-only text box (with or without modification of capitalization). This seems like it should be simple.

Anyway, any help in pointing me in the right direction or submission of code which could accomplish my desires would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

edsager

Advertisements