Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lightscribe External Drive

• Please log in to reply

helpmeplease1

helpmeplease1

• Pip
  • 7 posts
A lightscribe disc was not deted in the drive.
Please insert Lightscribe media.

Samsung Super-WriteMaster DVD Writer SE-S224

I tried unplug and replug in

tried different disc (same brand)

burnt 46 out of 50 the same way

Advertisements

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Have you tried using a DVD lens cleaner disc which safely removes dust, debris and other contaminants from the CD/DVD players laser lens. This might help as it appears your drive is having difficulty reading discs.

helpmeplease1

helpmeplease1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Yes, i have cleaned the lightscribe dsc..no luck.. plus i opened new case of them so there no dirt on them

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Yes, i have cleaned the lightscribe dsc..no luck.. plus i opened new case of them so there no dirt on them

I am referring to the actual DVD drive not the discs. The discs will be "clean" but over time the laser in the DVD drive can become "dirty" and so if you are having issues reading discs then that could be the issue. I would recommend cleaning the drive using a special DVD called a lens cleaning DVD. This DVD contains brushes on the disc and when you place it into your drive it will clean the laser. Also, check compatibility to make sure you drive can use whatever discs you are trying to use.

helpmeplease1

helpmeplease1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Where would i obtain such a disc.. Here the weird part stopped working and thought might be computer i move another pc used vista and worked fine up to point then stooped working on vista

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Where would i obtain such a disc.. Here the weird part stopped working and thought might be computer i move another pc used vista and worked fine up to point then stooped working on vista

I'm guessing a computer/electronics store - the easiest thing to do is to do a google search I guess. Not sure what the last part of your post meant but if your saying it stopped working on Vista make sure you have the latest drivers and firmware for your product. This can be obtained from the manufacturers website. Also make sure the software is compatible with Vista.

helpmeplease1

helpmeplease1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
i am say ut stopped working on xp so i want figure if it was drive or bad media so i went to another computer with vista and burner and media worked find . Can you help me located latest drivers i am onlyi find 2008 drivers

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
I've looked and couldn't find any more up to date drivers so I guess yours are fine. Is your drive having issues reading and writing discs are is it just writing discs that is the issue?

helpmeplease1

helpmeplease1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
its reads disc i put in fine

hendaz

hendaz

• PipPipPip
  • 248 posts
Burning discs uses a different laser intensity than that required to read the disc so although reading discs is fine you can still have issues burning discs. The only options you have are the following:

1.) Try different software to see if the problem still exists.
2.) Try using different media i.e. try burning a CD instead of a DVD to see if that works.
3.) Like I suggested originally clean the laser using a lens cleaning disc to see if that helps.

Other than these suggestions there is little you can do. You have the latest drivers and you have tried multiple PC's so if none of these solve the problem then the laser is probably not functioning properly and you will need a new drive.