Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Adobe Acrobat Forms Creation & JavaScript--Another

• Please log in to reply

edsager

edsager

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

In order to show the user my copyright notice and to get the user's name and gender (which will be used to fill in read-only text boxes on my PDF form), I need to have a dialog box open when the form opens. The dialog box should have the copyright notice and a statement that if the person types in their name and presses an "Accept" button, they agree to the copyright restrictions, and the form is opened with their name in the appropriate places on the form. If they press cancel or do not type their name, the form does not open.

The gender part will be 2 radio buttons. When the user chooses one or the other, that will trigger the use of the words "him" and or "her" at certain points throughout the form.

My questions are these:

1. Can you either provide sample code or send me in the right direction to learn how to have dialog boxes open requiring input before the form can open?

2. I am having trouble understanding the examples in the Acrobat JS for adding radio boxes to a dialog box. Can someone help with the code or point me in the direction to learn about it more?

3. How do I assign document-wide variables in the opening dialog box for the name and the gender response?

Thank you,
edsager

Advertisements